Let's Talk About It

October 2011 Core Focus Day was dedicated to talking to one another about sexual health and responsibility, and what it means to be a young Christian facing sexual pressure. The Ballages graciously opened their home to the candidates and our guests and the conversation covered a wide range of topics related to sex, health, peer pressure, self-esteem, values, and life planning.
 
Kudos to the candidates for being open to giving and receiving sincere feedback. We learned and grew from each others' sharing. The candidates' new big brothers from the Delta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Huston Tillotson provided welcomed real talk to the discussion. We spoke in a safe environment.
One candidate said, "What struck me from today's conversation is that it's okay to wait until I am sure the time is right for me to become sexually active. I don't have to give in to the pressure I get from all around me." Yes! God is good.


Here are a few pics from the day:








No comments:

Post a Comment